Stop smoking like this…
To stop smoking is a great decision though sometimes not an easy one. Hover it, it is very possible to give up smoking in a very short period of time. People who need to stop smoking go through a period of withdrawal, during this period a person might feel nervous, moody or having difficulty sleeping. But these symptoms do not last long and they are worth it compared to dangers if you do not stop smoking.
- To stop smoking, you can use a series of filters over the period of 3 weeks. Each filter reduces the tar and nicotine levels so that withdrawal is gradual
- You can also get prescription from a doctor for a gum that contains nicotine. The aim is to gradually to cut down the amount and frequency of the gum you use until you are nicotine free.
- It is also important that you join a “stop smoking” club or group if you can access one.
- Surround yourself with people who support your decision and who themselves do not smoke.
- Find a substitute for cigarettes to put in your mouth such as sugar free gum
- Ask a non smoking free what it is like to breath you smoke. Their responses may give you more urge to stop smoking
- Try to stay smoke free one day at a time, remember that each day’s battle won is tomorrow’s victory.
- Think about all the benefits of being smoke or cigarette free and how you will be saving your life.